It’s the final sprint towards Christmas. How crazy is the next seven days for you? Can you take time to check out the music news for December 17, 2018?
- Sepultura wine. Yes, reds and whites.
- A Goth-themed pizza-and-beer place? Yes, please.
- Expect a return of The Strokes in 2019. (Via Larry)
- Apple wants to launch a streaming service to take on Netflix. Here’s what we know.
- Why are NYC WiFi kiosks suddenly playing creepy music? Old-fashioned phone phreaking.
- What’s the NFL going to do about the Super Bowl halftime show? No one wants the gig.
- Beyonce was hired to perform at this wedding. She was one of the smallest expenses.
- The so-called Godfather of SoundCloud is doing…what?
- Frank Sinatra’s last-ever car seems like something of a bargain.
- There might be some gift ideas here for the musician on your list.
- If you’re using “
donald” as any password anywhere, you need to change it. Now.
- Is the golden age of the iPhone over? Maybe.
- The co-founder of Vine and creator of HQ Trivia was found dead at his Manhattan home. Colin Kroll was 35.
- You gotta wonder how much Mariah is gonna get paid for this New Year’s Eve gig. I know this place well. It holds 350 people, max.
- Music streaming and podcast listening in cars is growing quickly. Very quickly.
- France is going to tax Google and Facebook as of January 1.
- Here’s a Broadway musical called Punk Rock Girl based on female-fronted bands.