Random music news for Monday, December 19, 2022
If you’re into the coming metaverse, doesn’t this make you think of the technology in Ready Player One? And what do you think of music news for December 19, 2022.
- RIP Dino Danelli, drummer for The Rascals.
- One person has died as a result of a crowd crush incident at a gig in the UK.
- Sharon Osbourne was rushed to hospital for some kind of medical emergency. She’s been released since.
- LCD Soundsystem is attracting some very interesting, uh, vendors to their gigs.
- The Rolling Stones have a big virtual event planned.
- Got a Ye tattoo that you regret? A UK studio can help out.
- Singing Christmas carols is good for your body and brain: study.
- Here’s a list of the all-time most useless Christmas albums.
- This streaming music service is using AI to write original songs–and it will soon have over 200,000 of them.
- Speaking of AI, this program writes music by visualizing it.
- Interested in the logistics of touring? Here’s what it took to put The Cure on the road in Europe.
- What’s next for TikTok in 2023? The company has published this report.
- And speaking of TikTok, the app is driving fewer streams to become bigger hits. Something’s amiss.
- Could this hearing aid innovation help in the fight against Alzheimer’s?
- This is fun: A British singer is calling on stations to stop playing “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” because Christmas is actually crap.
- If you’re a Beatles fan and you like yoga, then this is for you.
- Apple has released its first new app in years. Freeform–that’s what it’s called–looks helpful.
BONUS: The best headline of the month: “Royal Mail strikes leaves kinky sex-starved Brits dildo-less at Christmas.“
One thought on “Random music news for Monday, December 19, 2022”
Prediction: A LOT of those who’ve already sold their music catalogs are gonna find they sold them cheaply….