This has been a long Christmas break for some. When the everything closed up on Christmas Eve (a Thursday), much of the world is still closed through Boxing Day (Saturday), the 27th (a Sunday) and today (a day off in lieu of Boxing Day falling on a Sunday.) Many areas of the economy won’t start up again until tomorrow–and then just until Thursday when things close down for another long weekend.
That’s not a complaint. Just an observation. And now, the music news.
- After just five weeks, Adele’s 25 has sold 7.13 million copies in the US alone.
- The president of Sri Lanka says the organizers of a Enrique Iglesias gig “should be whipped” over the disgusting behavior of female fans. And not with whips: toxic stingray tails. (Via Tom)
- How well will you do with the BBC Entertainment Quiz of 2015? (I scored an embarrassing 3/10.)
- There is a growing movement of techno-dissenters. A lot of them are musicians, too.
- A long-lost Deftones documentary is about to be released.
- Kobe Bryant listened to Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” every day for an entire year.
- This is why your favourite band probably won’t listen to the demo you send them.
- If you’re a hip hop jeweller and the King of Swaziland calls, run.
- Motley Crue’s Tommy Lee is a fan of Justin Bieber.
- Here’s how Mr. Sulu is taking on Donald Trump with his new musical.
- So much for Lenny Kravitz’s charity dental operation in the Bahamas.
- Check out this new version of a digital piano.
- Just for Monday: The Muppets + Paul Simon = This.
- Are The Pogues done? It kinda looks like it.