Out of North America until Thursday. I need a PCR test to even get on the plane to come home. And then there’s a good chance I’ll be tested again (and quarantined!) four-and-half hours later before I can get past Canada Customs when I land.in Toronto. How does that make any sense? Oh, and woe to the person show doesn’t have their ArrivCan app updated.
Rant over. Music news for December 6, 2021.
- Spotify is having royalty payment problems with…comedians?
- And then there’s this Spotify payment issue.
- How did director Peter Jackson get such great audio from the original mono tapes for the Beatles’ Get Back documentary? Like this.
- About 1,250 people have filed lawsuits in the Astroworld festival disaster. They may all be combined into just one suit.
- It’s been 50 years since some stupid with a flare gun burned the place to the ground.
- This is interesting: An oral history of Beastie Boys album artwork. (Via Tom)
- ABBA is suing an ABBA tribute band over their name, ABBA Mania.
- Another chance to smell like one-quarter of Black Sabbath.
- I love this: Courtney Love calls out Elon Musk for his “Kendall Roy shit.“
- Prince William, metalhead.
- Well, this is depressing.
- What? Seriously?
BONUS: My mom would not stand for any of this.