Published on February 1st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 1, 2016
Good news! We’ve made to through January! Bad news! This February has 29 days.
And now, the music news.
- Wait:David Bowie auditioned for Lord of the Rings? And he didn’t get the part? He would have made a great Gandalf!
- Are these the 40 most intriguing musicians of 2016? Give this list a browse and see what you think.
- These, apparently, were the best years ever for “dad rock.”
- Because Def Leppard apparently continues to have label issues, they’re the first band to premiere new music via Guitar Hero.
- So this would make the Red Hot Chili Peppers pro-Democrat but anti-Hillary?
- Johnny Rotten is 60. Wow.
- And while we’re at it, here are some unpublished Sex Pistols photos.
- A fan of 80s music? Britain’s Rewind Festival returns with four dates. Here are your lineups.
- This is a cool iPhone case–if you’re the kind of person who needs to record phone calls.
- Beyonce has been accused of “cultural appropriation” of…a Coldplay song?
- John Oliver’s wife is pretty damn cool. Would you have done this at an airport?
- Ah, the life of a wife of a Rolling Stone….
- Note that Elton John refers to himself as a “king.”
- New rock’n’roll nuptials: Hayley Williams of Paramore and Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory.
- The violinist’s widow is finally getting royalties from “Billie Jean.”
- Vinyl, the new HBO series based on the record industry of the 70s, had its red carpet premiere.