I still can’t get over this Jeff Bezos vs. The National Enquirer thing, especially when you distill it down to this brilliant New York Post headline: “Bezos Exposes Pecker.” Pithy, that. I wish I had something as clever for music news for February 11, 2019.
- On a semi-related subject, two women are now talking about the fling they had with David Bowie when they were 15.
- Ozzy is being treated in intensive care with his flu over concerns about pneumonia.
- A man drove an SUV through John Mellencamp’s security gate so he could arrest him. What?
Headlineof the weekend: ‘I told my wife HMV’s up for grabs. “No f**ing way” she said’: We speak to the vinyl junkie who’s saved a British high street legend.
- For reasons no one can figure out, a Dinosaur Jr. song from 1994 is currently a hit in Japan. Huh?
- Another warning about festival ticket scammers. They’re out there.
- Seth Rogen’s new film will be a parody of the Fyre Festival called Lonely Island. This should be fun.
- There’s an eight-part podcast on the history of The Clash coming up later this month. Here’s a trailer.
- Gucci is facing a big backlash from hip-hop and R&B artists over the fashion line’s stupid sweater.
- The next edition of Apple’s AirPods will have some interesting new features.
- Kanye has been sued over a prayer sample on one of his songs.
- Want to learn to appreciate bourbon? The start with music.
- Interactive music and video games: a new era is here.
- Spotify vs. Apple over podcasting: This is war.