Published on February 18th, 2019 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Monday, February 18, 2019
- REM 1, Donald Trump nil.
- Alexisonfire played a surprise set in a small Toronto venue on Friday.
Here’sa fun and fascinating way to listen to radio from around the world online. You may get lost in Radio Garden for a while. (Via Tom)
- The story of The Cranberries final album.
- The House of 1000 Corpses, the musical–at least if Rob Zombie gets his way.
- Peter Hook (ex-Joy Division and New Order) is selling loads of memorabilia, including the infamous boardroom table from Factory Records.
- These 12 rock stars have written their own comic books.
- John Lennon and heroin: discuss.
- A sign of the apocalypse: Mick Jagger has given up chasing women.
- Radio stations have started removing Ryan Adams from their playlists.
- And it’s RYAN Adams who has the big #MeToo problem, not BRYAN Adams. Some people are confused.
- This Ontario high school band had a big adventure on their way to Carnegie Hall–but it all worked out amazingly well in the end. (Via Glenda)
- Metal has always had a Nazi problem. Here’s what some members of the community are doing about it.
- These are the 10 most-view YouTube music videos of all time.
- William Shatner made his singing debut at the Grand
- Is Spotify looking to destroy the traditional music label model?
- Want to buy Bing Crosby’s old Nevada ranch? It comes with cows.
- This 11-year-old will soon be attacked in a tweet by Donald Trump.