We’ve all had arguments with our significant others, but probably nothing like this. Ponder that as you look through music news for February 20, 2023.
- What’s it like to be a musician in Ukraine these days? For one things, the bombs are loud.
- This company looks like it’s trying to create a monopoly around K-pop.
- How do Spotify royalties work? Like this.
- Try as I might, I can’t get into opera. But I do understand this.
- The Tragically Hip: Still doing good work outside of music.
- There are some important things we should talk about when it comes to wireless headphones.
- Apple’s Reality Pro VR headphones are almost here–for USD$3,000.
- Black Sabbath’s Geezer Butler has an autobiography called The Void coming later this year. He promises it will be “dramatic.”
- Which did better in 2022, CDs or streaming. Well, it’s not that simple…
- How’s Elon Musk’s Twitter doing? It’s getting worse. (Via Rick J)
- This is a great look back at The Batcave, the birthplace of Goth.
- Everyone’s streaming music, right? Well, no…
- The greatest female tennis player in the world is an Our Lady Peace fan.
- To the world’s surprise, a female pop star is down with the sickness.
- The US Supreme Court may be coming for “the twenty-six words that created the internet.”‘ Not good.
BONUS: Did you miss this year’s green comet? Let’s get caught up.