Random music news for Monday, February 20, 2023
We’ve all had arguments with our significant others, but probably nothing like this. Ponder that as you look through music news for February 20, 2023.
- What’s it like to be a musician in Ukraine these days? For one things, the bombs are loud.
- This company looks like it’s trying to create a monopoly around K-pop.
- How do Spotify royalties work? Like this.
- Try as I might, I can’t get into opera. But I do understand this.
- The Tragically Hip: Still doing good work outside of music.
- There are some important things we should talk about when it comes to wireless headphones.
- Apple’s Reality Pro VR headphones are almost here–for USD$3,000.
- Black Sabbath’s Geezer Butler has an autobiography called The Void coming later this year. He promises it will be “dramatic.”
- Which did better in 2022, CDs or streaming. Well, it’s not that simple…
- How’s Elon Musk’s Twitter doing? It’s getting worse. (Via Rick J)
- This is a great look back at The Batcave, the birthplace of Goth.
- Everyone’s streaming music, right? Well, no…
- The greatest female tennis player in the world is an Our Lady Peace fan.
- To the world’s surprise, a female pop star is down with the sickness.
- The US Supreme Court may be coming for “the twenty-six words that created the internet.”‘ Not good.
BONUS: Did you miss this year’s green comet? Let’s get caught up.