Random music news for Monday, February 21, 2022
Don’t do this. At least not the first part. But please do check out music news for February 21, 2022.
- Wait: Record store day is harming the music industry?
- Pepsi will no longer sponsor the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Adele says her Las Vegas residency will happen this summer.
- And Justin Bieber has canceled his Las Vegas show. COVID.
- Digital burnout is a real thing for a lot of today’s pop stars.
- What does a vocal coach and opera singer say about the music of Muse? This.
- What, exactly, is this? (Via Rick)
- Kanye’s being really, really weird, right?
- Paul McCartney had to take a huge hit to sell his NYC apartment. But he can afford the loss.
- Check out Daniel Radcliffe (yes, Harry Potter) as Weird Al for the upcoming biopic.
- A worthy question. Should Cheech and Chong be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
- This video explains a lot about song tempos and BPM measurements that I did not know. Recommended. (Via Walter)
- If you’re a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, you’ll probably be interested in staying here.
- Can NFTs redefine the music industry? Maybe.
- Two halves of a Jimi Hendrix lyric sheet have been reunited after 55 years. (Via Sean)
More news? Look here.
BONUS: This is why you should never, ever eat anything out of a fridge that’s not yours.
BONUS BONUS: This is creepy. (Via Larry)