Published on February 25th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, February 25, 2019
Happy birthday George Harrison! He would have turned 76 today. As for music news on February 25…
- R Kelly’s bail was set at $1 million. He couldn’t raise it immediately so he spent the night in jail.
- And then another.
- And get this: It’s alleged he picked up an underage victim at his child porn trial.
- Peter Frampton is going to retire from touring after this year because of
a degenerativemuscle disease.
- Laura Branigan’s 1982 song, “Gloria,” is a hit again and people keep asking her to perform it. Trouble is she’s been dead since 2004.
- How big is hip-hop? This university in India is now offering a course in it.
- Taylor Swift crashed a wedding to do a little singing.
- You know the story about how Donna Summer died from breathing the dust of 9/11? No, it was straight smoking of cigarettes.
- This is great: a history of music in space.
- “David Bowie masterminded ‘the biggest art hoax in history.'” What? Huh? Wow.
- Want to see what the original, original, ORIGINAL web browser looked like? Go here.
- Does shortwave radio have a future?