Random music news for Monday, February 27, 2023
If you haven’t seen Shoresy yet–it’s a Letterkenny spinoff available on Crave–you must. It’s the funniest and most foul take on hockey since Slapshot. Highly recommended. And now some recommendations for music news on February 27, 2023.
- Spotify is getting into the NFT game with playlists that can be unlocked this way. (Via Rick J)
- Live Nation is calling for tougher regulation of the secondary concert ticket market. We’ll see where this goes. (Rick J again)
- A new survey says that 86% of music fans won’t let inflation stop them from going to shows.
- Now appearing on the 1’s and 2’s at Mar-a-Lago, DJ Trumpy!
- How long does pop culture stardom last? Let’s discuss. (Via Andrew)
- More proof for my theory that no one gets as deep into music as the people of England.
- One of the people who accused Marilyn Mason of sexual abuse has recanted their story.
- YouTube has launched ten AI-generated music channels. Skynet radio?
- And AI is now being used to for language dubs in movies and TV.
- At least one singer doesn’t like the whole idea of charging fans for meets-and-greets.
- This is handy for any hardcore music fans: How to hear the modes.
- U2 says (again) they really want to make a “gnarly rock record.”
- This was an interesting find in a record store.
- Would your grandmother do this?
- Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott had to be hospitalized in Colombia for altitude sickness.
- It’s the last day to enter to win this Geddy Lee-autographed vintage synth. (RIck J again)
BONUS: Outkast with help from Matthew McConaughey. (Via Tom)
Hey Ya! By OutKast featuring Matthew McConaughey saying “alright alright alright”♬ original sound – jonahpedro