Random music news for Monday, February 6, 2023
This shows everything that’s wrong with income disparity in the world. A bottle of water that costs US$4.7 million? Wow. And now, an egalitarian look at music news for February 6, 2023.
- It’s now Coachella vs. Moechella.
- The Foo Fighters have added yet another festival gig for 2023. Still no news on a drummer.
- Sorry, Johnny. No Eurovision for you.
- Now that the Grammys are over, will winning have any impact on streams? It depends.
- Did you watch the Grammys? Notice anything about the height of the microphones?
- More than 100 million people tried ChatGPT last month.
- Could the US ban TikTok? Yes, but it wouldn’t be easy.
- Interesting: DIY artists account for a quarter of Spotify’s streams.
- The US Government is watching Ticketmaster when it comes to Beyonce tickets.
- Convicted pedophile Garry Glitter has been released from jail after serving half of his 16-year sexual abuse sentence.
- What would a Prince/Shania Twain collaboration sounded like? It almost happened.
- The story behind the fadeout on songs.
- The Springsteen fanzine Backstreets has shut down. Fans call this the “end of an era.”
- “Copperhead Dog.” Hey, I laughed. (Via Tom)
- An electric ukulele? Sure. Why not? (Via Rick J)
- Oh, dear.
- Yay, Ukraine!
BONUS: Great. Something else to worry about.