It was a rock. Damn. Maybe there’s more interesting stuff to be found with music news for January 10, 2022.
- The 17-year-old son of Sinead O’Connor has taken his own life. He’d gone missing.
- Yesterday (January 9) was the 15th anniversary of the introduction of the iPhone. Here’s a look back on the device through history.
- How US radio shot itself in the foot...
- …yet radio overall is still doing very well up against streaming.
- AM radio in the Czech Republic will cease at the end of 2022–at least for the national network.
- More Kanye drama. Fun!
- About 30 minutes of unseen footage of the Rolling Stones 1969 Altamont concert have been found.
- Matt Cameron of Pearl Jam and Krist NovoselIc of Nirvana appear to be teasing some sort of musical project.
- This was probably not a good idea.
- Just in time for his 75th birthday, a new David Bowie figure has gone on display at Madame Tussauds.
- If you’re a fan of The Simpsons (and especially music from the show), you should read this.
- This is interesting: MTV and the Cold War.
- The Weeknd is selling this LA penthouse for US$22.5 million.
- I wonder if Tay-Tay will write a song about this heartbreak.
BONUS: I don’t think this is what Mark Zuckerberg had in mind for his metaverse.
More news? Check here.