Random music news for Monday, January 14, 2019
On this day in 1986, the first-ever PC virus. (c)
- Mike Patton of Faith No More was supposed to sing the national anthem before Saturday’s Cowboys/Rams game but got sick and couldn’t make it. Wait: Mike Patton?
- Maroon 5 has officially confirmed their appearance at the Super Bowl halftime show. Guests will be Big Boi and Travis Scott.
- Motown fans should read this story from the BBC.
- Kanye wanted a dome? F**k that.
- Damn, but Apple buys a LOT of first and business airline tickets.
- I love weird radio industry stories like this.
- And here come the R Kelly denials…
- …as a plane flies over Sony HQ with a banner demanding that the label drop him…
- …and as Illinois denies him a concert permit.
- If you’ve been wondering what Adam Lambert thinks of Bohemian Rhapsody, here’s your answer.
- And if you’re wondering about Freddie Mercury’s ex-fiance and that house they used to share…
- More on why the world still needs record labels.
- Jimmy Page and Robbie Williams are
neighbours. They don’t get along. And it keeps getting worse.
- Spotify has a new revenue stream.
- Need some nostalgia? Here’s the latest post about often forgotten Canadian rock bands.
- And are we entering the age of music festival nostalgia?