Random music news for Monday, January 21, 2019
Anyone else tired of Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln commercials? Is he really selling cars for Ford? Off now to deal with music news for January 21, 2019.
- The sexual assault allegations against Michael Jackson are coming back in a BIG way.
- Cardi B has a hot song about the US government shutdown. That’s how you capitalize on current affairs.
- Forbes looks at how streaming services won over millennials.
- Lee Kerslake, a former drummer for Ozzy who is terminally ill, has been given a dying wish by his former boss. (Via Tom)
- Grimes has been caught up in some of Elon Musk’s legal issues.
- Ariana Grande had a record-breaking day on Spotify with the release of her new song, “7 Rings.” Fifteen million streams in 24 hours.
- “The 50 Greatest Drummers in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.” Discuss.
- There has been a breakthrough in the 54-40 guitar theft investigation.
- No Tool on streaming music services? Maynard James Keenan says it’s not their fault. So who’s
- US fans will look at this poster and go “What?” (Via Larry)
- Another organization is professing to be interested in taking over HMV UK.
- Do vinyl records really sound better than CDs? Let’s ask science!
- Goth culture has spread to virtually every part of the planet. Nigeria has a fascinating goth music scene.
- Wait: Tupac is in the studio making a new album? That’s the latest
- David Bowie’s face is now on some British currency–sort of.
- Remember when Ozzy bit the head off a bat? His store is now selling a plush bat toy.