Anyone else tired of Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln commercials? Is he really selling cars for Ford? Off now to deal with music news for January 21, 2019.
- The sexual assault allegations against Michael Jackson are coming back in a BIG way.
- Cardi B has a hot song about the US government shutdown. That’s how you capitalize on current affairs.
- Forbes looks at how streaming services won over millennials.
- Lee Kerslake, a former drummer for Ozzy who is terminally ill, has been given a dying wish by his former boss. (Via Tom)
- Grimes has been caught up in some of Elon Musk’s legal issues.
- Ariana Grande had a record-breaking day on Spotify with the release of her new song, “7 Rings.” Fifteen million streams in 24 hours.
- “The 50 Greatest Drummers in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.” Discuss.
- There has been a breakthrough in the 54-40 guitar theft investigation.
- No Tool on streaming music services? Maynard James Keenan says it’s not their fault. So who’s
- US fans will look at this poster and go “What?” (Via Larry)
- Another organization is professing to be interested in taking over HMV UK.
- Do vinyl records really sound better than CDs? Let’s ask science!
- Goth culture has spread to virtually every part of the planet. Nigeria has a fascinating goth music scene.
- Wait: Tupac is in the studio making a new album? That’s the latest
- David Bowie’s face is now on some British currency–sort of.
- Remember when Ozzy bit the head off a bat? His store is now selling a plush bat toy.