Poop school. It’s a thing. So is music news for January 23, 2023.
- Ten people were killed in shooting at a dance club in California.
- Just before Microsoft announced it was laying off 10,000 people, it held a private employee concert featuring Sting.
- Is the music industry trying to kill vinyl (again)? It kinda looks like it.
- “Streaming killed the music experience.” Discuss.
- Hey, how does the TikTok algorithm work, anyway? Like this.
- Podcasts on TikTok? Could happen.
- Could 2023 see the return of both Blur and Oasis? It’s worth talking about
- Shakira and the strawberry jam accusation. It’s…weird.
- The Black Eyed Peas have filed a lawsuit against a toy maker who and its video for its slime-pooping unicorn video.
- What’s going on here?
- Elton John’s half-brother ran into some legal trouble over some magic mushrooms.
- Scrambled eggs, the secret Dolly Parton way.
- Uh, no, homophobes. The rainbow associated with Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon has nothing to do with LGBTQ issues.
- There’s a new film on Little Richard that’s getting some good reviews.
- We all need subtitles now. Here’s whyhttps://youtu.be/VYJtb2YXae8. (Via Sean)
- Coming soon: the Whitney Houston Hotel.
BONUS: What if The Simpsons had been a traditional 80s sitcom?