I was at Costco yesterday–wearing a mask, of course–when got a tickle in my nose and sneezed. From the looks of people around me, it was light I’d just pulled out an AR-15 and started shooting. I can’t wait until this is all over. Moving to music news for January 24, 2022…
- We need to watch this: Old music is killing new music.
- More and more musicians are choosing to release their own music. Here’s an explanation.
- Evan Rachel Wood takes on her ex Marilyn Manson in her new doc. “A Nazi house of horrors?“
- Sending out a meatloaf recipe on the day Meat Loaf died probably wasn’t a good idea.
- The Weeknd is now the most popular artist on Spotify, moving past Justin Bieber. O Canada!
- An opera singer who blew through a Mar-O-Largo gate has been certified insane. No, really. Actually insane.
- There’s a revolt among Super Bowl dancers.
- The Wiggles for the win!
- There’s a new film coming on the Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson.
- More than 25% of UK concerts in Q1 have been canceled because of COVID concert.
- Shock. The Fugees have canceled their reunion tour. I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
- Ozzy fans have been caught in a scam over his release of NFTs. It was an outside hack.
- Overwhelmed? Out of bandwidth? You’re not alone.
- Ryerson University is offering a course on Drake.
- Billy Talent just keeps on going.
BONUS: Does your dishwasher want to spy on you?
More news? Check here.