Published on January 25th, 2016 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, January 25, 2016
London. I think I spent $50 on bacon-and-eggs breakfast this morning. Bloody loonie. And now, the music news.
- Labyrinth, the fantasy movie starring David Bowie, is getting a reboot. I guess this has been in the works for a while. It would have had to be, right? A good idea? (Tom)
- Or is it getting a reboot?
- Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys has written music for a comic book.
- Ghostface Killah thinks the reprehensible Martin Shkrelli should give the Wu-Tang album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, to the public, despite the terms of the sales agreement.
- Looks like Radiohead will be headlining a bunch of festivals around North America this summer.
- Bieber: Worst. Interview. Ever.
- Well, this is a nice”what comes around, goes around” Rush story. Love the synergy.
- Anyone want a guided tour through David Bowie’s record collection?
- Pearl Jam donated $300,000 to Flint, Michigan, so the citizens can have water to drink…
- …and so have a bunch of other people.
- Now that The X-Files is back (at least temporarily), here’s the story of the theme song.
- What’s this about Alice Cooper and a car auction scam?
- You do NOT mess with Eminem’s agent. Ever. She’s fierce.
- Spice World. Yes, it’s that old.
- Amy Winehouse’s mom has opened up about her daughter.
- A mini iPhone? Apparently.
- You weren’t invited, Steven Tyler.
- “The Bee Gees cured my writer’s block.” Really?
- If you’re a fan of Japanese rock, you’ll be pleased to know there’s a doc coming on X Japan.
- Will these Rdio execs have any effect on Pandora?