I’ll take two of these credit cards. Okay, maybe not. But I will offer up some music news for January 30, 2023.
- If George Santos (the lyin’ liar who lies) crashes out as a political, he’s got a standing invitation to do a drag show.
- Depressed? Science says you need some birdsong.
- Paul McCartney was almost hit by a car when he recreated his walk across the road on Abbey Road. (Via John)
- How does Yoko take daily four mile walks when she’s apparently confined to a wheelchair?
- Funny how Spotify suffered some outages just after it announced layoffs.
- “Spotify Dads” are a new demographic group.
- Dave Navarro’s long COVID just won’t go away.
- It’s time for Radio Free Russia. (Via Sean)
- Drake got burgled.
- Kanye could be charged with battery after throwing a woman’s phone.
- We might soon end up with the first Rolling Stones album of new material since 2005.
- Canada’s Goth toonie is available this week.
- These are the top 100 music producers worldwide.
- The hottest song at the club? The White Lotus remix.
- Live Nation has been ruled not responsible for a backstage shooting at one of its shows.
- Meanwhile, 15 contractors have been charged with negligence over an incident where a giant video screen fell on a member of a Hong Kong boy band during a concert last July.
- Google’s new AI can turn text into music.
BONUS: Zeller’s Skillet restaurant is coming back! Yay!