Random music news for Monday, July 12, 2021
Back to work after a short vacation. Things on these pages will be operating as normal for the next while. But whatever happens, music news will be here. This is what’s happening on July 12, 2021.
- Funny that this hasn’t made it to American TV yet: A rap battle competition is being developed by 50 Cent for ABC.
- Noisy neighbours? This might help.
- You can now apply for a job using TikTok.
- Rolling Stone is going to launch an edition in the UK.
- A fan of ASMR? Deezer now has a channel for that.
- This is interesting: What people use voice assistants for.
- YouTube now lets posters remove the worst comments.
- And if you need to buy YouTube views…
- Want a first-generation iPod that’s still sealed in the box? It’ll cost you.
- Johnny Lydon: In court and then in quarantine.
- When it comes to familiar bits in songs, everyone wants to get their piece. See?
- And here’s another story about how silly copyright claims can be.
- The Triumph documentary, which has been in the works forever, will be released this fall.
- Some American politicians don’t understand the difference between socialist democracies (Canada, Sweden, etc) and Marxism. Taylor Swift need not worry.
- Seems like a bit of a rip-off for those who attended the Fyre Festival, doesn’t it?
- If you’re a fan of My Chemical Romance and The Umbrella Academy, read this. (Via Walter)
- Another couple of weeks and we’ll be talking about the 40th anniversary of MTV.
One thought on “Random music news for Monday, July 12, 2021”
MTV turns 40. Congratulations MTV on 15 years of great music programming! 😐