The Smithsonian Museum now has an exhibit on the development of the cell phone. There are some real relics here. As for music news for July 17, 2023, things are much fresher.
- AI is a major, major issue in the Hollywood writers/actors strike. Read about it here.
- Meanwhile, there’s a new AI-powered rap song generator app.
- AI was asked to create the ultimate classic rock supergroup. Here’s what it came up with.
- Duran Duran is going to hold a cancer benefit for bandmate Andy Taylor who has stage-4 prostate cancer.
- YouTube Music Podcasts are now rolling out internationally, including Canada.
- We finally have a cause of death for Lisa Marie Presley.
- Thanks to the new Netflix documentary (which is very good), Wham! is having a moment.
- If you’re into the whole riot grrrl thing, you need this memoir from Bikini Kill’s Kathleen Hanna.
- Can’t sleep? Try this. And whatever you do, don’t try this.
- Whatever happened to concert etiquette? People have gone batsh*t.
- Taylor Swift: Good for the hotel economy.
- If Threads is the new Twitter, Retro might be the new Instagram. Read about it here.
- He ran over his girlfriend with a truck? WTF?
- Creed, the reunion(?)
- Rivers Cuomo has a new gig with a company that sells clothing for shorter men.
- There’s now an AC/DC version of Monopoly.
- Still got a CD collection? Then you really should read this.
BONUS: A perfect antidote for a Monday: Bears and bubbles.
@ty_among_animals Replying to @🌈 Rainzo 💛 Cute Art 🎨 I think the bears liked the bubbles! #amonganimals #animals #animalsoftiktok #bearencounters ♬ Golden Hour: Piano Version – Andy Morris