Published on July 29th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, July 29, 2019
On this day in 1981, Prince Charles and Princess Diana were married. About 770 million people watched on TV. Now off to music news for July 29, 2019.
- Thom Yorke isn’t happy about Boris Johnson’s rise to Prime Minister.
- Rapping strippers = “strap music?” Maybe.
- Ed Sheeran seems to be buying England one house at a time.
- Tom DeLonge (ex Blink-182) says alien technology is among us.
- Broken Social Scene has had to cancel some European dates over health issues.
- If you’re a diehard hardcore U2 fan, a new book is coming this fall on what it’s like to follow the band on tour. Check out A Grand Madness: U2, Twenty Years After.
- Netflix is working on a musical comedy called Sorta Like a Rock Star.
- And if you’re a fan of Stranger Things, you need to watch this. (Via Danny)
- There will NOT be an “Old Town Road” collaboration between Lil Nas X and Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg. Too bad, really.
- What’s it like to have a high-volume YouTube channel? This.
- A 6-year-old YouTube star from South Korea just bought a property worth US$8 million.
- What’s the future of streaming? Maybe this?
- And what’s the future of creativity? Maybe this?
- Is your hearing not what it used to be? Well, there’s good news.
- Baby Shark breakfast cereal. Seriously.
- MTV might cut Michael Jackson from its Video Vanguard Award.