THIS JUST IN: Video from the presidential SUV when the Secret Service refused to take Trump the Capitol on January 6. (via Oreo) Then we’ll move on to music news for July 4. 2022.
- The Russians may have invaded, but Ukrainians defiantly party.
- Facial recognition technology was used to identify Geddy Lee’s mom in a Holocaust photo.
- Wait, what’s this? Spotify has a “karaoke mode” now?
- Mike Mills of REM is selling his Hollywood home for US$6.5 million.
- If you were ever a fan of the Toronto indie scene, here’s a look back at the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir. (Via Darrin)
- Michael Jackon’s family is working on a biopic of him. I’m sure they’ll uncover the truth.
- Alice Cooper has theories about why “drugs have disappeared from rock’n’roll.“
- Tom DeLonge and NASA have a collaborative line of merch.
- Sony now has a high-end gaming brand called “InZone.”
- Britney Spears’ father: A real piece of work.
- If you’re tough on your phone, you may want to switch to one of these.
- If we’re going to have the metaverse, we’ll have music. And if the metaverse has music, there will be music licensing challenges.
- The British government has launched a study to investigate misogyny in music.
- What does Napster see for the future of music? They’ve written a paper on the subject.
- If you’re not making money from streaming as a musician, you should read this.
BONUS: Meanwhile, back at the Kremlin…