This sign at a vintage clothing store says it best:
That got dark fast, didn’t it? Here’s music news for July 6, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Remember that stupid Vanilla Ice concert that was supposed to happen in Texas last Friday? He said it was called off on account of COVID-19. Turns out he only sold 284 tickets out of a possible 2,500.
- Coronavirus update 2: Police were hurt breaking up an illegal music event in the UK.
- Coronavirus update 3: Sully Erna of Godsmack has some, er, interesting views on the pandemic.
- Neil Young continues to be very, very pissed at Donald Trump. (Via DB)
- And Kevin Rowland of Dexy’s Midnight Runners is also pissed at Trump.
- Releasing an album these days is useless. Discuss.
- I think this is exactly the music-and-running app I’ve been looking for.
- Gavin Rossdale’s biggest regret? His divorce.
- Bands are changing their insensitive names. Some are resisting. Discuss.
- The Foo Fighters have now been around for 25 years. Dave Grohl looks back.
- Whoa again. (Via Tom)
- Here’s an Elton John demo I do NOT need to hear.
- The Beatles almost reunited in 1975? Here’s that story.
- Yoko Ono, now 80, is in failing health.
- Sharon and Ozzy have now been married for 38 years.
- This Instagram account revisits ads found in old music magazines.