Published on July 8th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, July 8, 2019
Twenty-five years ago today, Kim Jong-Il assumed control of North Korea. The funeral of his father, Kim Il-Sung makes for crazy viewing. See? As for music news for July 8, 2019…
- Interesting: Following the performance by The Cure at Glastonbury, guitar sales in the UK have exploded.
- This sonic device is being used against teenagers in Philadelphia. Can you hear it?
- Get a room, you metal couple.
- Also interesting headline: “Country music is reflecting a shift in America’s masculinity.”
- This DJ is 11-years-old. Jay-Z thinks she’s awesome.
- Great story: How a broken guitar led to new opportunities in customer service.
- If you’re a Swiftie, make sure you’re not sending your hate to the wrong Scooter Braun.
- Wait: Punk rock helped Obama get elected? Apparently.
- Stevie Wonder is scheduled for a kidney transplant in September.
- This guy stabbed a teen because he “felt threatened” by the kid listening to rap music.
- This is the “Glastonbury of sex festivals.” Hold on. What?
- Wanna buy a Fall Out Boy house? Go here.
- If you’re going to honour a singer by naming a street after her, make sure you spell her name right.
- This Toronto bar offers $100,000 bottle service.
- An “ugly piece of art” fell and crushed the finger of Franz Ferdinand drummer Paul Thomson. He’s now on the DL.
- The hottest rising reggae star in Jamaica is a jailed two-time rapist.