What’s it like to surf the internet in North Korea? You can get online, but it’s not much fun at all. On the other hand, music news for June 12, 2023, is a hoot.
- Ninety minutes after he found he was indicted on a ton of charges, Donald Trump did a DJ set at one of his golf clubs.
- A radio host has sued ChatGPT for defamation.
- Elton John to Vladimir Putin: “Uh…thanks?”
- Richey Edwards vanished from the Manic Street Preachers 28 years ago. His sister spoke to a missing persons conference.
- Elon Swift is playing with fire: He’s gone after Taylor Swift. SWIFTIES ASSEMBLE!
- Bill Wyman back with The Rolling Stones? For a bit, anyway.
- Here’s some deep UK punk history involving the Sex Pistols.
- One of U2’s Claw stages from the 360 tour is now a tourist attraction in Utah. (Via Rob)
- Remember the Madness hit “Our House?” The house (owned by the band’s Suggs) is for sale.
- TikTok launched a BTS challenge. It got 400 million views in a week.
- Are you a podcaster? Spotify is offering this masterclass.
- Looking to throw a party everyone will remember? How about a “party jet” at 30,000 ft.
- How loud does a concert have to be to get noise complaints 15 miles away? Metallica knows.
- Jeff Bezos (net worth: US$150 billion) rents a place from Kenny G for US$600,000 a month.
- Garth Brooks gets it.
BONUS: Have people forgotten how to be polite at concerts? (Via Rick J)