That’s a lot to pay for a short flight. Still, what a flight, right? Moving on to music news for June 14, 2021.
- TikTok has upped its advertising rates–and the rates are EXPENSIVE.
- Prepare for another round of purchases of music catalogues. Primary Wave has US$375 million more to spend.
- If you’re interested in the recording process, here’s a good explanation of mastering.
- A judge refused to reduce bail for Lady Gaga’s accused dognappers.
- There’s a problem with restarting festivals in the UK: A lack of portapotties. (Via Sean)
- Brian Eno has his one channel on Sonos now. This sounds relaxing. (Sean again)
- And speaking of Eno, check out this audio doc on him.
- How did The Ramones write their songs? Like this. (Still more Sean)
- Having trouble finding Dave Grohl’s From Cradle to Stage, read this. (Via Darren)
- Wait: Rod Stewart’s wife is a cop?
- And the KISS documentary is out.
- If you live in Chicago, you can get a free Lollapalooza ticket if you get vaccinated.
- Here’s a good look at the Cocteau Twins. (Via Chris)
- Will this be the coolest high school in America? Sound like it could be.
Looking for more? Click here.