Published on June 25th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, June 25, 2108
The rainbow flag of gay pride was first flown in San Francisco on this day in 1978. And as for music news for June 25, 2018…
- Because it’s Monday, you need this school choir from India covering Metallica. (Via Deepak)
- And to follow that up, Lars Ulrich playing the trombone.
- Ever wonder about the roots of punk rock drinking songs? Here you go.
- Ever wonder what happens on rock stars’ private planes? Here you go with that, too.
- I love when cities leave pianos in random locations like this.
- These earbuds from Bose are designed to combat insomnia.
- Britain’s legendary Isle of Wight Festival is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- Fun: How much did a personal computer cost the year you were born? Find out here.
- Will we soon by unlocking our cars with phones instead of fobs? Probably.
- Another rock doc in the making: Sparks.
- Police received a panicked call about a man with a gun. Turns out it was a man with a didgeridoo.
- Here’s another example of how the newly emerging legal weed industry is partnering with the music industry.
- This is a great article about The Cameron House, a Toronto venue that seems to be immortal.
- Kenny Rogers just sold his mansion in Atlanta.
- The site of the original Woodstock has been turned into an archeological dig to find hippy artifacts.
- How big is the bladder of Justin Bieber’s bodyguard? Here’s the reason I ask.
- Smart thermostats, locks, and lights can be used as tools of domestic abuse. Weird, but true.
- You know how Algeria is going to cut cheating on high school exams? By shutting down the Internet. (Via Tom)
- I’d never see this before: How Pink Floyd reunited for Live 8. (Via Walter)