Probably not a great story for a Monday, but hey, we need caffeine, right? (Via Walter) Moving now to music news for March 15, 2021.
- New Zealand has it together when it comes to COVID. They’re ready to stage a concert with 50,000 people.
- How nutty is the NFT craze in music? Over the last month, more than US$25 million in NFTs have been sold. (Via Olie)
- Playing digital music through a 1949 radio? It can be done.
- Queen collectibles!
- When it comes to podcasts, how many downloads per episode is considered “good?” Well, it depends…
- Dan Reynolds (Imagine Dragons) had his marriage saved by a text.
- The original Apple HomePod? Buh-bye. (Via Sean)
- Uh-oh. Another draft of Aretha Franklin’s will has been found. This complicates things.
- Has it really been 30 years since REM released “Losing My Religion?” Yep.
- Nice Joy Division cover, guys.
- Texas is weird. (Sean again)
- Speaking of weird, this Calgary stoner metal band comes to you for a concert. Except the gig is inside their fan. (Via Danny)
- Glenn Tipton of Judas Priest just sold 50% of his song catalogue.
- This Winnipeg guy is selling off 13,000 records from his collection.
- This is where Rob Zombie lives.
BONUS: It’s been one year since I’ve been outside. I’m sure the Barenaked Ladies are okay with this.