Random Music News for Monday, March 9, 2015
The Barbie Doll was unveiled at a toy show on this day in 1959. And today Apple will tell us about their new watch. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.
- What if Nick Hornby were to write a sequel to High Fidelity? Nick says it would play out like this.
- Tom Hanks can lip sync at least one Carly Rae Jepson song.
- Did you know Hozier was this good at cover songs?
- This man is bagpiping his way around the world. No one knows why.
- Sixteen songs that don’t mean what you think.
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong is about to open a music store in Oakland.
- Marcia Brady of The Brady Bunch once dated Michael Jackson. Seriously.
- This new electronic instrument could revolutionized classical music.
- Watch this dad and son have fun making music in the kitchen. The kid’s a good headbanger.
- Rumours are that Apple’s new streaming service will debut in June. And it won’t have a free tier. You want it? Pay up. Naturally, the music industry loves this idea.
- Are you in a band? Here are five important lessons in leadership.
- New Canadian Music–a great place to keep tabs on emerging artists in this country–has a new set of charts you need to check out. And if you’re a musician, you should get involved. Trust me.
- Dave Grohl called off the last show of an Australian tour so he could go to a father-daughter dance back home.
- That’s nine straight #1 records for Noel Gallagher.
- And so begins the breakup of Google +.
- An American cable TV baron is making a play for Universal Music.