Random music news for Monday, May 17, 2021
Will you ever hug anyone again? Some people aren’t so sure. Maybe instead embrace the music news for May 17, 2021.
- Eric Clapton is not a fan of COVID precautions. Or vaccines, for that matter.
- Maybe Slowhand should talk to Perry Farrell. He’d straighten him out.
- The US is getting its own version of Eurovision. But they’ll probably make a hash of it.
- This is a preview of some British music festivals that are now going ahead.
- This music venue is giving COVID shots to fans.
- Paulina Porizkova has some things to say about her late husband, Rick Ocasek.
- This is certainly a different kind of album art. (Via Sean)
- An interesting question: Who invented metal? (Via Adam)
- Someone made an hour-long mix of Weezer’s “Island in the Sun” for some reason. (Sean again)
- Parodies make money for the original writer. Ed Sheeran will make some cash from “The Shape of Poo.”
- Basically, Noel Gallagher figures that Oasis’ work is done. Why bother with a reunion?
- Eating to this kind of music could help you lose weight. Uh, sure. Have you been to dinner with me?
- Rapper J Cole made his basketball debut in a new African league. He’s playing for the Rwanda Patriots.
- Nirvana’s former publicist is suffering from early-onset dementia. Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic are helping out.
- Live Nation is phasing out plastic water bottles at shows. Yay! Instead, they’ll be selling their own water. Er, boo?
- The outfit Janet Jackson wore in the “Scream” video with brother Michael sold for US$125K at auction.
- What are you teasing, Green Day?
- Rage Against the Machine is political? Someone had better tell the internet.
- Slipknot’s The Clown is launching “clown cannabis.”
Want more news? Check here.