This guy is doing stand-up in a Ukrainian bomb shelter. Laughter in the face of adversity, you know? Now some music news for May 2, 2022.
- Suffering from long COVID and struggling to breathe? This study says “Try singing lullabies.”
- Another US music festival, another shooting.
- Dolly Parton has changed her mind about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If she’s voted in, she’ll accept gracefully.
- Does Apple Music have more paying subscribers than Spotify? Maybe, but it’s hard to tell.
- And what band were you in when you were 10 years old? (Via Tom)
- Lucky metal cats. I’ll take one.
- Ukraine is still tipped to win Eurovision this year.
- Taylor Swift will speak at NYU’s graduation ceremony later this month. Tickets are being scalped for US$500. Again, this is for a graduation speech.
- This pianist suffered heart failure during a performance but still finished the gig.
- Almost Famous, the Cameron Crowe movie, is moving to Broadway as a musical. That means Elton John is going to make even more money from “Tiny Dancer.”
- Country star Naomi Judd died at age 76. She took her own life after years of depression.
- Arcade Fire’s love-hate relationship with America.
- Adele’s Las Vegas residency apparently has a new home.
- A Gene Simmons “tribute balloon?”
BONUS: I can’t stop watching this.