It’s a stat in both the US and the UK today, but if you look hard enough, there’s still music news for May 29, 2023, to be found.
- An elementary school has BANNED parts of The Sound of Music. Too many Nazi references says some snowflake parents.
- Ever notice that Weird Al has outlasted so many of the stars he parodied? It’s not lost on him.
- There’s a prediction that music streaming will spike over the summer.
- Today’s AI story: Universal has partnered with a company that specializes in sleep playlists.
- Hoping for a shoegaze revival? So are these bands.
- If you’re a child of the 90s and love the music of this era, this article will hit awfully close to home.
- The bass player for this punk band was nearly killed in a VERY freak van accident.
- Ford stole Apple’s thunder by revealing the new version of Apple CarPlay early.
- This guy went all Peter Griffin and “Surfin’ Bird” on his neighbour.
- King Charles paid tribute to Tina Turner over the weekend.
- Vintage radio people will keep us informed during the apocalypse.
- Motorhead once had a female tour manager. She was tough.
- There’s a new bio coming on the mysterious doomed Nick Drake.
- Too much noise in your life? Move here.
BONUS: Tina Turner was big in North America. She was even bigger in Europe. Check out this Czech tribute from 1978.