Do you have high blood pressure? Do you spend more than 30 minutes a week on a cell phone? There may be a connection. Off to cover music news for May 8, 2023.
- Here’s a stat; A peak demand during Q1 of this year, Ticketmaster sold 15,000 tickets per minute. Now do you understand why shows sell out so fast?
- Adidas regrets the day they signed on with Kanye. It turned out to be financially disastrous.
- That was a weird Eric Clapton gig. I wonder how much he got paid?
- Eurovision 2023 is here! How did it become so metal-friendly? And what happens if you don’t win?
- A mom and daughter wanted a weekend away together. Then they stumbled on a Goth festival.
- We’ll soon be able to drive the Prince highway in Minnesota.
- Metallica has a new edition of their Blackened whisky.
- Still with Metallica, their 72 Seasons album runs over 77 minutes. A fan thought it would sound better if some of the fat were edited out. So he did–and without cutting out any of the songs.
- Back after five years: 30 Seconds to Mars.
- Is anyone paying attention to all the podcasts YouTube has added?
- Do you find it really, really difficult to unsubscribe from services. You’re not alone. Here’s the issue.
- The members of BTS all have stalker problems.
- Then again, this obsessed fan had better luck with one of the women in ABBA.
- Snoop Dogg: Not a fan of AI in music.
- Facebook/Meta is pitching augmented reality advertising to clients.
- Interesting: Spotify is removing all historical artist data.
- New unreleased Prince is on the way.
BONUS: Coming soon from Google: Project Magi.
BONUS BONUS: I love Star Trek but this drove me nuts.