Who wants a life-sized Ghostbusters proton pack? Just remember: Don’t cross the streams. Moving to music news for November 1, 2021.
- KISS is under fire for lax COVID protocols. A guitar tech died as a result.
- Jon Bon Jovi has tested positive.
- Tickets to see Adele in the UK are being scapled for £7,500. That’s about $13,000 Canadian.
- Spotify is closed this week. Here’s why.
- Bad news: This guy had the music up loud on his headphones and didn’t hear the train coming. Good news: He’ll be fine.
- Billy Bragg: Not a fan of Boris Johnson.
- If you have a set of AirPods Pro, this will make them stay in place better.
- Duran Duran: The biopic.
- One of the fastest growing music distribution platforms is–wait for it–Peleton. See?
- The next big music publishing acquisition could be for David Bowie’s catalogue. How much might it sell for? Maybe as much as US$200 million. (Paywall)
- That’s interesting, Madonna. Maybe bad taste, but…interesting.
- ABBA’s new songs have been a total bust. But that’s not really the point.
- They’re building an arena Seoul that will be dedicated to K-pop.
- This has to be the worst name for a group in history.
- And this band recorded nine pandemic months recording seven full albums.
- Ozzy and Lemmy fight evil in this new animated video. (Via Tom)
- Fill-in musicians are saving the day with some big tours.
- This $500 million venue on Toronto’s waterfront is back with a new design.
More news? Check here.