If you’re in the market for a David Bowie impersonator, this guy is pretty good. Also pretty good: Music news for November 20, 2023.
- In case you didn’t hear, a woman died at a Taylor Swift concert in Rio, Brazil. The second show scheduled for the city was canceled.
- Here’s a new reality for the concert industry: Heritage acts canceling tours because of health reasons.
- What was Jared Leto going on about at the Las Vegas F1?
- Another lobbying group is going after the practices of Live Nation and Ticketmaster. It’s called the Fan Fairness Coalition.
- What would a 48-year-old rapper rap about? André 3000 says “getting a colonoscopy.”
- Sheryl Crow is terrified by AI. She’s written a song about it.
- Imagine having this job with The Beatles back in the day.
- Meanwhile, the 7-inch vinyl version of “Now and Then” is the fastest-selling vinyl single of the 21st century so far.
- Coldplay doesn’t have many fans among conservative Muslims in Indonesia. There are protests.
- Canadian Doug Putnam, owner of HMV and saviour of the company in the UK, is bringing the store back to Oxford Street.
- Good news! YouTube will be less stuffy when it comes to your twerking video.
- Apple Music is the latest platform to go after streaming fraud.
- One-time British indie darling Pete Doherty says he’s “a very sick man” and “death is lurking.”
- Chris Stein of Blondie will release a memoir in 2024.
- Back to Tay-Tay: Taylor Swift fans use a LOT of data at her shows.
- The Kansas City Chiefs play the Philadelphia Eagles tonight. That’s why a Philly radio station refused to play any Taylor Swift all weekend.
- Enough. Please?
BONUS: Pussy Riot’s latest cause is protesting for abortion rights.