Published on November 30th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, November 30, 2015
The American Thanksgiving weekend can be a sparse time for music news. Not around here, though. You just gotta dig a little deeper.
- There was an overdose/suicide drama involving Sinead O’Connor yesterday. More details here.
- Some dude wants a train station (and a cathedral) named after Kanye West. (Via Tom)
- The Internet is going apeshit over Adele’s bodyguard.
- If you’ve never liked Yoko Ono, this will make you like her even less.
- A fun gallery of album covers from the disco era.
- And on a related note, there’s this Facebook page. (Via Tom)
- It’s risky to ask a fan up on stage to play with you. Sometimes, though, it’s magical.
- Could this bot be used for album artwork?
- This rapping math teacher makes anyone want to learn.
- 50 Cent is supposed to be bankrupt. But then if you look in his fridge…
- The Nine Inch Nails online store has just put some classic merch on sale. So if you’ve ever wanted a Pretty Hate Machine hoodie…
- A Hamilton rocker is getting help from the city of Calgary for his hoarding problem.
- I like this: A British band has taken a stand against women being groped at concerts.
- JK Rowlings once met Morrissey. That was interesting.
- Musicians don’t like it when politicians appropriate their music. However, there are plenty of musicians who sample politicians.
- Chris Brown keeps trying to be seen as a nice guy.
- This dude from Toronto proposed to his girlfriend on a 10-hour Air Canada flight to Brazil, complete with a song performance. Good thing she said “yes,” huh?