Published on November 5th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, November 5, 2018
Today is the 11th birthday of the Android operating system. And as for music news on November 5, 2018…
- The Freddie Mercury biopic did very well at the box office over opening weekend.
- The true cost of iPhone ownership over a lifetime is HOW MUCH?
- Axl Rose to Donald Trump: “STOP IT!”
- How realistic is the scenario in the old Rupert Holmes release “The Pina Colada” song? A data scientist takes a look.
- Did you see Bohemian Rhapsody over the weekend? Here’s how the filmmakers recreated Live Aid.
- What’s the future of stadium rock? That’s a good question.
- Tom Morello vs. Cheech and Chong. Any comments on comparing these two videos. (Via Andrew)
- The next time you need to rickroll someone, try this video instead. It’s still Astley flavoured, but it’s got something extra. (Via Tom)
- The lawyer for Chris Cornell’s ex-doctor–the guy being sued by Vicky Cornell–has responded to the lawsuit.
- If you have an autographed painting of a rock star, you might want to learn from this episode.
- This guy says his cheese tastes better because he plays music to it. (Via Tom)
- Was Drake profiled at a casino? He says so.
- Can you imagine anyone doing anything like this today? Geez, George Harrison and Eric Clapton…
- Rock star footstools and sofas? Yep.
- Interested in funding a Nash the Slash documentary? Details here. (Via Larry)
- Yes, there was an incident at Sony Music’s HQ in London.
- This is a really good read on the “15-year cultural excitement cycle.”