We begin with the inevitable mash-up of Beck’s “Loser’ with Donald Trump’s election loss.
On to music news for November 9, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Beyonce’s 2021 tour will be virtual.
- Coronavirus update 2: Brazil’s samba scene is hurting bad.
- Tom Petty’s family is perfectly okay with Joe Biden using “I Won’t Back Down.” They were not okay when Trump used it.
- And the record label for the Village People says they’re going to sue Trump for using their music.
- Bones Hillman, bass player for Midnight Oil, has died of cancer at age 62.
- Trump fans were singing Rage Against the Machine’s “Killing in the Name” because…well, I don’t know why.
- Look what song has rocketed to the top of iTunes charts. “FDT” by YG and Nipsey Hussle.
- Is Spotify thinking about a subscription podcast service?
- Here’s your winter project: a musical Tesla coil.
- Turns out bands need to be careful of Chinese panda politics.
- Check out how David Bowie predicted the effect of the Internet on music–in 1999.
- Record Store Day did a lot of good for indie record stores this year.