Happy Thanksgiving! (To American readers, yes, we have Thanksgiving, too. It’s just that we do it early and don’t make quite as big a deal of it as you do.) There is, however, music news to be had despite the holiday. Here’s what’s going on for October 11, 2021.
- Staind’s Aaron Lewis is even dumber and loopier than Ted Nugent when it comes to COVID.
- Maybe he should have have a conversation with Noodles from The Offspring. He’s got a better idea of what’s real.
- RIP Everett Morton, drummer for The English Beat.
- This is good news: 16 million Americans learned to play the guitar during the pandemic.
- The opening of Toronto’s new venue, History, has been delayed.
- Why was Kanye having coffee with former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen?
- R Kelly was convicted of sex trafficking. Then his music sales jumped by 500%.
- The Tea Party are back with their first new music in six years.
- If you’ve been fascinated by Radiohead’s album covers, read this.
- Want to sound a little more like Jimi Hendrix? Take a look at this.
- Have you seen Adele’s Vogue covers yet?
- Oh, Snoop!
- It was John who first wanted a divorce from The Beatles.
- Here comes the big hype around Adele.
- Tom Morello is worried about American democracy. Join the club.
- BTS vs Ticketmaster.
BONUS: These are REAL holograms. Imagine applying this to music. (Via Sean)
More news? Check here.