Published on October 15th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, October 15, 2018
WARNING: There may be Kanye music news ahead. It’s just so hard to avoid him for October 15, 2018.
- Prince’s estate to Donald Trump: “Cut it out.“
- Another Bowie box set? Yes. This one focuses on the 80s.
- Michael Buble says his son’s cancer scare has prompted him to quit music.
- Or is this retirement story all wrong?
- This should be an interesting read: Read and Riot: A Pussy Riot Guide to Activism.
- A Soundgarden reunion without Chris Cornell? Maybe not.
- Dammit. Kanye news: Kim says she’s worried that his antics are damaging her reputation.
- And more: Ye’s back on social media.
- Here’s a plea for Roxy Music to be recognized with an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- The US Marines have developed a new sonic weapon that can transmit voice messages to people up to 3,000 feet away.
- Did Jamal Khashoggi’s Apple Watch record his arrest, torture, and murder…
- …or is this lead doomed by a technical impossibility?
- Smash Mouth’s “All Star” musical: This is weird.
- Radio: Still not dead (and here’s a handy chart that underscores this…
- …but Canada needs to respond faster to the changing digital landscape.
- I gotta get me some of these real-time translating headphones from Google.
- Apple Music gets deeper into analytics with the purchase of this company.
- Fans of 80s music went nuts over this gig.