TikTok tics? This doesn’t sound good. Moving on to music news for October 18, 2021.
- That bow-and-arrow terrorist attack in Norway? One of the victims was a black metal singer.
- Dave Grohl’s The Storyteller is now a massive New York Times bestseller.
- Adele set a new 24-hour streaming record for her new single, “Easy on Me.”
- Good news: Mark Hoppos of blink-182 has had the port used for his chemotherapy removed.
- The custody battle involving Josh Homme and Brody Dalle just keeps going.
- A third member of Korn has been diagnosed with COVID.
- The Rolling Stones have stopped playing “Brown Sugar” in their set. Here’s why.
- Wait: David Bowie had a fling with Susan Sarandon?
- The war on royalty rates for songwriters is on.
- The Beatles are now on TikTok.
- Coldplay apparently has five
rejectedunreleased James Bond themes.
- In case you can’t get enough Leonard Cohen, there’s this. (Via Sean)
- This is how 11 indie musicians are getting involved in the whole NFT thing.
- Another band has chosen to re-name itself because of the connotations associated with their original name.
BONUS: This. (Via Olie)
More news? Check here.