Published on October 19th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, October 19, 2015
I gotta say it: the breakfast sandwiches at Tim Hortons are light-years better than the more expensive ones at Starbucks. And that’s not just some misguided Canadian thing. And now, the Monday music news…
- George Harrison’s estate has opened up his entire solo catalogue for streaming services. Nice, but call me when the Beatles are available.
- Would you spend $500 to meet Tool? It’s possible.
- Interesting: thousands of proxy sites for torrents and The Pirate Bay have suddenly disappeared. Vanished. Weird. (Via Tom)
- A letter from Mozart was auctioned off for about $300,000 CAD. (Via Tom)
- Got a baby in your life? Check out these band onesies.
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin is off Jennifer Lawrence. It looks like Annabelle Wallis is in.
- Alanis Morissette now has a self-help podcast.
- Dr Dre in housekeeper employment drama. Okay, maybe not.
- Because it’s Monday, you need the Swedish Chef doing “Rapper’s Delight.“
- Is this new music from Adele?
- It’s not easy being a playlist curator for Google. You need to pass the Susan Boyle test first. (I’m out.)
- Ten good music-making apps for beginners.
- A good interview with Gary Numan.
- A cool David Spade/Sinead O’Connor secret that dates back to 1992.
- This is kind of fun: The top 10 unanswered questions in music.
- Britney Spears had a wardrobe malfunction on state in Las Vegas. Watch.
- Let’s talk about scoring the new Bond movie.
- If Jimi Hendrix had lived, would he have pioneered rap?
- The founder of Tower Records reminisces on the empire that collapsed.