Published on October 29th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, October 29, 2019
I have a maple tree in my backyard that refuses to let its leaves turn colour. It’s the most stubborn tree in the neighbourhood. Ponder that as we look at music news for October 29, 2019.
- My weekly column for GlobalNews.ca was about my visit to a new Toronto vinyl pressing plant.
- Stressed this Monday? Try this lo-fi playlist.
- Cesar Sayoc, the accused behind last week’s bomb plot in the US, was once a strip club DJ.
- Q: Is Spotify too big to fail (or be stopped)? A: Yes.
- Ozzy has fully recovered from his triple thumb staph infection.
- Courtney Love and Melissa Auf Der Maur reunited on stage over the weekend.
- Queen bass player John Deacon is worth more than $150 million, even though he’s been a golfing recluse for 30 years.
- Speaking of Queen’ here’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” sung in FORTY-TWO different styles.
- America is okay with all kinds of guns and violence being depicted on TV. But f-bombs and nipples? NO WAY!
- In other news from ‘Merica, some new Kanye-designed T-shirts urge black people to bail on the Democrats and vote Republican.
- Ringo Starr won’t stop touring. Here’s why.
- This Nobel Prize-winning cancer scientist is also a whiz at the harmonica.
- A new biography on Eric Clapton has turned up some interesting new details about his life.
- This is a new sort of hip-hop trolling.
- Considering a new pair of Bluetooth headphones? Science says they’re mostly terrible. (Via Andrew)
- “The troubling lyrics of Chris Cornell.”