Ugh. Halloween. The night when mini-extortionists in disguise are encouraged by their parents to demand unhealthy treats from strangers underscored with threats of some kind of “trick” unless there’s compliance. And if you’re over 12 and come to my door, you’ll have a chance to reach into the Mystery Bag of Unused Condiment Packages. I hope you’ll enjoy the soya sauce and ketchup. Rant over. Music news for October 31, 2022.
- One-time Red Hot Chili Peppers and Dead Kennedys drummer DH Peligro has died after a fall.
- Yeah, Taylor Swift had a good week. A monster week, in fact.
- All Spotify offices are closed this week. It’s an “employee wellness” thing.
- Here’s the first review of Bono’s memoir I’ve seen. This is pretty high praise.
- Tickets for Adele’s Las Vegas residence are selling for up to–wait for it–£40,000 each. That’s CAD$63,000!
- Sadly, Kanye is not alone.
- Scientists say that this piano chord can cure nightmares.
- The Pulp reunion tour is on.
- What do people most want from their streaming music service? This.
- Jeez, Snoop. That’s a LOT of bud!
- Are Canadians “streamed out?” It’s starting to look like it.
- This Patti Smith song has disappeared from streaming music services.
- Cannibal Corpse Coffee. Probably enough caffeine to raise the dead.
- These Ukrainian techno kids are tough.
- Gordon Lightfoot has updated the lyrics to “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” to reflect new evidence about what caused the disaster.
- Your 2022 music-related Holiday Advent Calendar is coming soon!
- Can Dolly Parton reunite Led Zeppelin? She’s gonna try.
BONUS: Me, too, dude. I hate it when people stare at me.