Random music news for Monday, October 8, 2018
It’s Thanksgiving Day here in Canada, which should explain to non-Canadian readers why (a) posts are later than usual this morning; and (b) why there’s fewer of thing. There is, however, music news for October 8, 2018.
- Ozzy Osbourne has been hospitalized with an infection.
- Kanye says he’s off his meds and off social media.
- SNL’s Pete Davidson would like Kanye to reconsider those meds.
- Roy Orbison played a concert in LA. Yes, he’s still dead, but this was a hologram. Here’s a review of the gig.
- I’ve ordered this new book: Never a Dull Moment: 1971-The Year That Rock Exploded.
- Speaking of new books, Tina Turner’s new memoir is getting great views. Her husband gave her a kidney? Wow.
- You may have read about something called the Music Modernization Act that just passed in the US. What’s that all about? This.
- The Brooklyn home we see in Saturday Night Fever is up for sale.
- Brad Paisley and his wife are opening a free grocery store in Nashville for people who have fallen on hard times.
- Charles Aznavour, the French version of Frank Sinatra, was given a send-off with a stylish funeral.
- R Kelly’s wife is now talking about years of abuse.
- Green Day makes a bunch of money every September without even trying. Here’s how.
- We are not going see the last of LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem” for a long time. Here’s why. (Via Andrew)
- Time for some political analysis from Noel Gallagher. You know it’ll be entertaining.
- Tired of being bombarded with messages from video screens? These sunglasses block them all out.
- British musicians are asking a do-over with Brexit.