Published on September 14th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, September 14, 2015
Today’s music news comes from the ANA business lounge at Narita Airport in Tokyo.
- Stephen Page has sued his old bandmates in the Barenaked Ladies over money he says he’s owed from the band’s version of the theme to The Big Bang Theory. This could get messy. (Via Bobby)
- Elvis Costello has a new memoir coming. It’ll be accompanied by a two-disc CD soundtrack.
- Elton John has urged the people of Ukraine to do more for gay rights.
- Bryn Merrick of British punk pioneers The Damned has died of cancer.
- Whitney Houston is going on tour again. Yes, she’s still dead, so a hologram will fill in until she’s feeling better. (Via Tom)
- Why people should stop listening to Green Day. (Via Greggory)
- Rush’s Neil Peart talks about his “last drum solo” with the band.
- The Weeknd has the number one album in the US again this week. Go Canada go, right?
- Some handwritten lyrics by Tupac are expected to go for $70,000 USD at auction.
- Another award for Dave Grohl and Sonic Highways.
- Meat Loaf is in deep shit with Australian footie fans.
- Here’s a cool history of Sennheiser, the people who make headphones, microphones and more.
- Here are words almost never strung together in a sentence: a Welsh-speaking protest album.
- What DIY musicians can learn from the crazy success of the movie The Martian.
- This guy spent Saturday playing a piano–on the subway.