This jacket keeps you cool in the heat by using beer. No, really. Moving on to music news for September 25, 2023…
- Sex Pistol Glen Matlock has a memoir. It will be the basis for a new documentary.
- Britney Spears’ people don’t want her to sit down for a 60 Minutes interview. Here’s why.
- It’s official: No one has played more shows in Las Vegas than Barry Manilow.
- YouTube has just announced five new editing and creation tools. And they’re free.
- This new bill before the US Government could change the way artists are compensated for streaming.
- Geddy Lee is going on tour. A spoken word tour.
- Remember MGMT? They might be back.
- Another lawsuit for Lizzo.
- The Barenaked Ladies are having porn troubles on Reddit.
- Landon Barker, son of Travis, just released his debut single.
- A good article: The role of AM radio in baseball history.
- Ticketmaster has a plan to deal with scalpers for the upcoming Olivia Rodrigo tour.
- Meanwhile, the IRS is looking at people who resold Taylor Swift tickets.
- “We’re teaching music to kids all wrong.” Discuss.
- On that topic, hip-hop was nearly killed by public education.
- It’s the end of the DVD era for Netflix.
- Finally, something just for Finnish hillbillies. (Via Rick J)
BONUS: The CIA has secretly been keeping tabs on both Adam and Eve and the end of the world.
BONUS BONUS: Weird British place names. A lot of them are very rude.
BONUS BONUS BONUS BONUS:: The scariest sound in the world.