I know it’s Monday and it’s hard getting back to that job you hate. But do you really want to quit? Read this first. Moving on to music news for September 27, 2021.
- Spencer Eldon, the baby on the front of Nirvana’s Nevermind album, wants his junk removed. From the album cover, that is.
- Corey Taylor says that he was “the sickest he’s ever been” when he came down with COVID. And he was double-vaxxed, too. At least he didn’t die.
- Katy Perry is working with Behr Paints on paint colours. Her pallet (featuring such shades as Laser Lemon, Flirt Alert, and Beta Fish) can he found here.
- A Tom Petty documentary is coming to theatres next month.
- The Lithuanitan governent has discovered some censorship controls built into Chinese-made Xiaomi phones.
- Why are today’s songs shorter? Here’s an explanation.
- Could a specific type of music work as an insect repellant? It looks like it.
- I know puns are the lowest form of humour, but this Metallica post from Kirk Hammett made me laugh.
- So did this: Eminem is opening a restaurant called Mom’s Spaghetti.
- Gene Simmons just sold a Beverly Hills mansion for US$16 million.
- What’s it like to be the brother of Mick Jagger? This.
- The new doc, Controlling Britney Spears, has these five allegations that are…wow.
- Hole’s debut album, Pretty on the Inside, is celebrating its 30th annivesary with an art exhibition.
- Beethoven’s unfinished Tenth Symphony has now been finished with the aid of some musicologists and AI.
- I’m spending time talking about my new children’s book, The Science of Song. Here’s another interview.
more news? Check here.