Published on September 3rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, September 3, 2018
Labour Day. I plan to do no labour at all today–except maybe a little reporting on the music news for September 3, 2018.
- Did Drake sleep with Kim Kardashian? That’s the thread of a weird Twitter theory. (Via Andrew)
- What does Elon Musk and Tesla have in common with Spinal Tap? This.
- Even though he’s dead, the new AC/DC album will feature guitar parts from Malcolm Young.
- Why would anyone labour in radio? Let’s count the reasons.
- Here are some interesting stats about things like radio listening and podcasting.
- I love this ex-punk rocker who’s running for the US Senate in Texas against Ted Cruz. Here’s one of his songs.
- Even though she died without a will, it looks like Aretha Franklin’s estate will go to her four sons.
- The Village Voice, New York’s 63-year-old alternative newspaper, is shutting down completely.
- Could it be a microwave weapon behind the Cuban sonic attacks? (Via Tom)
- If you were ever a fan of the band Streetheart (I’m from Winnipeg, so it was required), this will warm your heart. (Tom again)
- A San Jose Sharks defensemen has gone all orchestral. (Still more Tom)
- Can you imagine having a lifelong earworm? (And even more Tom)
- Even Buckingham Palace played Aretha Franklin on the day of her funeral. (Tom? All this appreciated, but you should go outside and play.)
- If you’ve got a kid and really, really want to go to a concert, don’t do this. (Via Moe. Tom took that advice and is now enjoying his Labour Day.)
- A German train network had this idea about music, but it’s given up.
- So Gwyneth Paltrow is really still Gwyneth Martin? Apparently.
- Smash Mouth’s “All-Star” was written about climate change and anti-intellectualism? Again, apparently. (Via Fred)
- Looking for a cruise this winter? How about 70,000 Tons of Metal?
- Nice of Vladimir Putin to show up to this singer’s funeral.
- Abbey Road has undergone an upgrade to be more accessible and user-friendly.